Welcome to the Goodrich Memorial Library
Serving the communities of Newport Town and Newport City for over 100 years
The Goodrich Memorial Library first opened its doors in 1898, due in large part to the generous donations of Converse and Almira Goodrich. In 1983, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Thanks to a substantial grant received in 2003, the library has since been restored to its original beauty and elegance.
The Library is handicapped accessible from the rear entrance.