|Monday||10 AM – 6 PM|
|Tuesday||10 AM – 6 PM|
|Wednesday||10 AM – 6 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM – 6 PM|
|Friday||10 AM – 6 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM – 3 PM|
We are closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- The loan period for books, audio books, and CDs is 14 days. DVDs have a 7-day loan period.
- Items can be renewed up to 2 times unless the item is reserved by another patron. DVDs cannot be renewed.
- Patrons are permitted to borrow up to six items at one time. If you have other family members on your account, then an additional six items per person are allowed. However, a maximum of six DVDs may be borrowed at a time. Card holders are held responsible for all fees or damage to items checked out by any other person on their card.
If there’s a book you’d like to read that we do not have in our collection, talk to a librarian about requesting it through Interlibrary Loan. This is a free service (although donations are always appreciated) through which we borrow books from other Vermont libraries.
Library Card Information
- The library provides free borrower cards to residents of Newport City, Newport Town and Coventry. These are communities that support the library through their taxes.
- A fee of $10.00 per card will be charged to non-residents of Newport City, Newport Town and Coventry. This fee must be paid each year.
- Proof of permanent residency is required in the form of a valid driver’s license with physical address as well as an official piece of mail with one’s name and address (a rental agreement, lease, utility bill, tax bill, etc.)
- Students who go to school in Newport City, Newport Town, North Country Union Junior and Senior High Schools, and United Christian Academy will be eligible for free library cards. Students need to provide a valid school ID as well as a current report card or letter from the school on school stationary (must include student’s name, grade, and date of graduation).
- Senior Citizens (age 65 and over) get a free library card.
- Change of Address: Library cards expire each year. If moving to Newport, Newport Center, or Coventry, there will be no fee for the renewal of your card, but proof of residency will be required to make this change to the record.
- After a three day grace period, a fee of 10 cents per day will be charged for each overdue item from the general collection up to a maximum of $2.00 per item; 5 cents per day will be charged for each overdue item from the children’s collection up to a maximum of $1.00 per item.
- Borrowers with overdue items will not be allowed to borrow additional materials until the overdue materials are returned and fees paid.
Book and DVD Donations
We accept used book and DVD donations to add to our collection, as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Books must be published within the last 5 years (unless it’s a classic or very popular)
- Books must be in good condition
- We cannot accept donations of textbooks, books in poor condition, books with dated information (old travel guides, almanacs, etc.), Reader’s Digest condensed books, or magazines
- If a donated item cannot be added to our collection, we can place it in our annual book sale
We would appreciate it if you call ahead (802-334-7902) before bringing in donations. Please try to limit your donations — too much at one time can be overwhelming for us. We also ask that you do not bring books we will need to discard and that you do not put donations in the book drop.
We can assist you with genealogy research projects. Volunteers are available on Wednesday mornings throughout the summer and on an as-needed basis during the rest of the year. The following information is necessary to assist you with your research. Library staff members will contact the volunteers with this info:
- Your name, address, city/state/zip, telephone, and email
- Any relevant surnames, locations, and dates of the people you’re researching
CCV “Looking for a Job”
Job Hunt Helper and/or Computer Assistance is offered at the Goodrich Memorial Library in partnership with Community College of Vermont. Appointments can be made starting Tuesday, January 9, 2018 through Tuesday, May 22, 2018 with Destiny for the following hours.
- Tuesdays 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Saturdays 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
For more information or to make an appointment call 802-334-7902.
Virtual Tour of Goodrich Library
|Board of Trustees||Staff|
|Louise Bonvechio||Linda Bussiere|
|Denise Daigle||Irene Poulin-Farrar|
|Steve Edgerley||Laurie Souliere|
|Steve Mason||Katherine Langlands|
Board of Trustees Meeting
The Board of Trustees meeting is held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Vermont Room at the Goodrich Memorial Library at 2:00 pm. The meeting is open to the public should you wish to attend. (Click for Meeting Agenda and Minutes.)
The library is located at 202 Main Street in Newport, VT (at the corner of Main Street and Field Avenue)
Click on the map for more options.